Anna Waters Head Start
Anna Waters Head Start is a comprehensive child development program that provides service to the entire family. The program has provided services to children and their families in the Decatur-Macon County area for over 50 years. Head Start is a federally funded program through the Department of Health and Human Services.
There are several components of the program, which include: Education, Disability/Mental Health, Transportation, Health/Nutrition, Social Services, Parent Engagement, Family Resources, and Family-Indicated Programs.
Head Start classrooms are located at the Empowerment Opportunity Center. Anna Waters Head Start enrolls children who are 3-5 years old and not eligible for Kindergarten.
Head Start Provides:
- Developmental Screenings
- Child-centered activities
- Family improvement activities
- Services for children with disabilities and other special needs
- Parent educational workshops
- Volunteer activities
- Foster Grandparents Program
- Comprehensive Literacy Program
- Family Literacy Nights
- Participant in CACFP: Child and Adult Care Food Program
Anna Waters Head Start Program:
Offices: 360 E. Marietta
Contact: Michelle Witherspoon, Head Start Director